Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

I forgot to do this yesterday so I'll try to do 2 today.

For those of you who always expect a sarcastic rant or ironic humor in my writing you may not like this one.

I just want to remind everyone to take a few minutes this long weekend while you are cooking out, relaxing and otherwise having a good time to think about why we have memorial day. Let's remember all of the soldiers who have passed over the 200+ years of our country.

No matter your political affiliation, you cant deny that we are free today because of those folks who have laid their lives on the line for us. I personally don't have anyone close to me that is currently overseas but I know many of you probably do.

Take some time this weekend to say an extra prayer that they get back home safely so that in the years to come they can celebrate with us.

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! We drove past Trinity High School tonight and noticed some sticks in the lawn by the auditorium and couldnt really tell what they were from the road so we pulled in to get a closer look and it had names of soldiers who have died on them. Some of them had pictures, flags, and flowers by them. It really touched me and brought me right back down to reality. I will take extra time this weekend and think about why we have memorial day.

    Nice blog!

    -Cara

    ReplyDelete