Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dallas Cowboys Preview

So I've heard a lot the last two days about how Tony Romo dumped Jessica on the day before her birthday. Why would he do this everyone asks? The answer is simple...he JUST NOW realized that she used to date a member of 98 degrees. That's like dating a girl that used to date one of the guys from Hanson. I mean who would do that?...oh...wait...crap...uhhhh....

Anyway, this is a good lead in to thinking about the fast approaching NFL season. I have always been a pretty big Cowboys fan, though I do admit to skipping a few years in the Quincy Carter era. I was as obnoxious last year as anyone - I could have swore up and down that they were going to win the SuperBowl before the season even started.

This year I am going to take a more realistic approach at how we (yes I am on the team) may fair.

Offensively I think the Cowboys are still in the top tier. Roy Williams will be much improved this season and if he and Romo can get on the same page I predict success. If Jason Garrett uses the three running backs as he should and the offensive line protects like it did 2 years ago we shouldn't have any problems putting up 28+ points per game. I'm pretty interested to see how Garrett uses all 3 backs. Personally - I think Tashard Choice might just be the best of the three in terms of all around talent.

Defensively we have made some changes but the man who lead the league in sacks last year (Demarcus Ware) is back and as beastly as ever. The secondary should be improved with the purging of Roy Williams and Anthony Henry (possibly the two slowest defensive backs ever). I think the young defense will still struggle at time but should be fairly solid.

Below is the Cowboys schedule and my corresponding predictions. Maybe I am a little TOO optimistic but I have them splitting games with the Giants, Eagles and Skins. The Atlanta, Carolina and New Orleans games could go either way but I think they will take 2 of the 3 . All of this leads to a 11-5 record for the year. Seems feasible to me.

DATE

OPPONENT (TV BROADCAST)

TIME

Prediction

Sun, Sept 13

@ Tampa Bay (FOX)

Noon

W

Sun, Sept 20

NEW YORK GIANTS (NBC)

7:15 PM

L

Mon, Sept 28

CAROLINA (ESPN)

7:30 PM

W

Sun, Oct 4

@ Denver (FOX)

3:15 PM

W

Sun, Oct 11

@ Kansas City (FOX)

Noon

W

Sun, Oct 18

BYE

Sun, Oct 25

ATLANTA (FOX)

3:15 PM

W

Sun, Nov 1

SEATTLE (FOX)

NOON

W

Sun, Nov 8

@ Philadelphia (NBC)

7:15 PM

L

Sun, Nov 15

@ Green Bay (FOX)

3:15 PM

W

Sun, Nov 22

WASHINGTON (FOX)

NOON

W

Thurs, Nov 26

OAKLAND (CBS)

3:15 PM

W

Sun, Dec 6

@ New York Giants (FOX)

3:15 PM

W

Sun, Dec 13

SAN DIEGO (CBS)

3:15 PM

L

Sat, Dec 19

@ New Orleans (NFLN)

7:15 PM

L

Sun, Dec 27

@ Washington (NBC)

7:15 PM

L

Sun, Jan 3

PHILADELPHIA (FOX)

NOON

W

No comments:

Post a Comment