Monday, June 1, 2009

Converse-ation





Take a look at the pictures above what do they all have in common? (no its not people I wish I could be when I grow up) Its all about the shoes.

Personally have 4 pair of Converse (some call them Chucks, I call them Converse"). To me there is really no question as to what shoes to wear. They have become the staple to pretty much everything I wear (except my work clothes - cant quite get away with that yet).

The other day I was trying to think about whether or not there has EVER been an article of clothing that has been relevant in pop culture as long as the "Chuck". So I did some research and found out that since the first pair was made in 1917 (I didnt even know shoes were invented at that point) that the Converse is the most popular shoe of all time with over 750 million pair sold.

This leads me answer of my question above: No - there has never been an article of clothing that has lasted as long or made as big of an impact as the "Chuck". Now I could go on and bore you with statistics and the history of the shoe but instead I challenge you to think of something I didnt consider.

What else can be put into this category? (dont say underwear)








1 comment: