Thursday, June 4, 2009

High School Reunion!




I said "Reunion" not "Musical" if you are looking for Zack Effron this isnt the place. Ok fine it is the place.




Anyway.




The fact that my 10 year high school reunion is this weekend got me thinking (more on that in a minute).


No, I am not going to my 10 year reunion. I thought about going, I really did. The one "You really should go" reason was the fact that I didnt want to look back and wish I had gone. Ultimately though, most of my close friends (all 3 of them - yes I was really popular) werent going and while it would be interesting to see everyone; Facebook and Myspace have ruined the "I cant believe how fat so and so has gotten" and "Wow, she hasnt aged a bit" surprises that 10 year reunions have historically been known for. No longer can I rent a Ferrari, pretend to have invented post-its and fool people into thinking I am someone Im not. My info is posted all over multiple social networking sites. Everyone knows what they want to know about me - if they want to know anything at all.


Sidenote: Though I am not going - I want to give mega-props to the three ladies who planned ours. They did a fantastic job of communicating and giving everyone enough time to plan. (Did I just say mega-props? I think thats a character from the new Transformers movie)


I dont mean to dissuade anyone from going to their own reunions - but I do encourage you to count the number of times a conversation with someone goes like this:


You: Hey there Sandy.

Sandy: Oh hey!

You: So what have you been up to?

Sandy: Oh Ive just been working (insert inflated description of what she really does here). What about you?

You: Well - I'm married and have (however many) kids.

Sandy: Oh wow thats great. Hey remember (Insert memory of some class you had together here)

You: Yeah - that was great.

You and Sandy simultaneously: Well it was great to see you. (Fake side hug)

In all seriousness - you know you dont care about Sandy and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.


This was supposed to be a post about music - but I can do that later.






No comments:

Post a Comment