Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What does burboun chicken have in common with Salt N Peppa?

I am up to 7 followers now - watch out Ashton Kutcher.

I went to the mall tonight for a minute, JoLee wanted to check on a shirt at Urban Outfitters. One thing I noticed while I was there is that all of the 9 styles of Obama t-shirts are half off now. Only 7 months into your first term and retail is already bailing on you dude! There should be a daily indicator on CNN that measures the profit margin of Obama merchandise. Now there is a true indication of his popularity. "The profit margin on Obama merchandise fell drastically today as he waited yet another day to make a statement on the situation in Iran"

Anyway, on to the real purpose of this - Chicken Pushers.

Chicken Pushers you ask?

Yes - Chicken Pushers. Those overly aggressive and typically Asian folk who work at one of the 4 identical Chinese food places in the mall. The ones who try to "push" a poultry laced toothpick down your throat every time you walk by.

Are these people on commission? Do they get a cut out of each 3.99 chicken special they sell? Do they not realize that the phrase "Try sample" isn't grammatically correct?

Ok. Ok. Maybe I am being a little harsh; they ARE just doing their jobs. But here is where I draw the line.......

Why would anyone (poultry commission check or not) offer me a chicken sample when I am carrying a Subway bag? I have clearly already made my dining decision and its HIGHLY unlikely that I am going to be swayed at this point to return a sandwich.

My suggestion to the chicken pushers around the world: Keep on pushing, sell that chicken, make your commission, but just do a better job of identifying your target audience. You don't sell ipods to people who already have ipods, you don't sell flip flops to an Eskimo and you don't sell bourbon chicken to a dude with a Subway sack.

Salt N Peppa take it home.....


1 comment: